Spend an unforgettable night exploring the National Aquarium after dark! As the Aquarium closes to the public, you'll explore our exhibits with an expert guide and learn how we care for some of our most popular residents. You can even dare to walk the shark catwalk, where our largest sharks swim below! Through interactive activities and access to special behind-the-scenes areas, you'll experience the Aquarium like never before.
Before heading to bed, help us say goodnight to the Aquarium. In the morning, after a continental breakfast, you'll learn more about the care of our animals through a Q&A session with one of our animal experts!
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult or be part of a group with a paying adult chaperone. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
6:30 pm to 9 am
Price (includes Aquarium admission, 4D immersion film, evening snack and breakfast):
Member prices for tours vary; member discounts will be applied during checkout. Please note that members must purchase a discounted guest ticket for any tour guest who is not covered by their membership.
**Discounts available for groups of 15 or more. Call 410-576-3833 for more information.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no cots; no air mattresses larger than twin-size)
- Comfortable clothes and non-slip, closed-toed shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, medications, etc.)
- Sleepovers are coed; please be sure to bring appropriate sleepwear
- Emergency contact information
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Arrive 15 minutes before your tour, and be sure to allow extra travel time for rush-hour traffic.
- Check in at our staff entrance when you arrive. It's just around the corner from our main entrance, across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- Your sleepover program ends at 9 am, but your ticket is good for a full day of exploration! With a hand stamp, you can leave to stow your gear in your car and return to the Aquarium the same day.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along.
- To receive the sleepover discounted parking, please use the Parkway Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Place.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including missing your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
Because of the behind-the-scenes access, all participants must be at least 8 years old. No refunds will be given for guests who do not meet the minimum age requirements to participate.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Yes! Your sleepover tour will include a visit to Living Seashore, our interactive touchpool exhibit, where you'll be able to touch skates, jellies, horseshoe crabs and more. Please be advised that our exhibits are periodically closed for maintenance and unforeseen circumstances; if Living Seashore is scheduled to be closed during your tour, your tour guide will notify you beforehand.
You'll be traveling behind the scenes, so closed-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you'll be traveling around the Aquarium. Sleepovers are coed; be sure to bring appropriate and comfortable sleep attire.
- You'll be camping on the floor, so bring a sleeping bag! Sleeping pads, pillows, and foam or air mattresses are optional, but due to limited space, we encourage guests not to bring air mattresses. Air mattresses larger than twin-size and cots are prohibited.
- You'll be spending the night, so bring toiletries and personal articles, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, facial soaps, medications and sleepwear suitable for a coed group.
- Remember that closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels.
- You may also want to bring money if you plan to visit the Aquarium's gift shop. Please note that shopping time is not included in the schedule. We recommend arriving early, or planning to re-enter the Aquarium after your sleepover is over, if your group would like to visit the gift shop.
Yes! You're free to explore the Aquarium during our regular hours before or after your sleepover. To enter the building, please use the Pier 3 staff entrance located directly across from the USS Torsk submarine. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time or following your sleepover, so be sure to store your gear in the car if you plan to explore the Aquarium!
No. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time or following your sleepover, so be sure to store your gear in the car if you plan to explore the Aquarium!
Yes. Our sleepovers are best described as indoor camping experiences and are open to any and all groups, so they may be coed. If your group wishes to have a private sleeping area, please let your sleepover guide know during check-in. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of each group, but we cannot guarantee that a private sleeping area will always be available.
Yes! An evening snack will be provided, as well as a continental breakfast in the morning. If a member of your group has special dietary needs, please contact us at 410-576-8822 and someone will be in contact regarding options for you or your group.
All visiting scout groups receive a National Aquarium patch; however, this patch is not an official scout badge.
Yes! We require at least one adult (18 years or older) for every seven children under the age 16.
When you arrive for your sleepover, please plan to park at the Parkway Lockwood Place Garage (124 Market Place Baltimore, MD 21202) located directly across the street from the National Aquarium. Remember to bring your parking ticket to check in. Your sleepover guide will provide you with a chaser ticket to use upon exiting the garage with a flat rate of $8. To receive this discount, you must exit the garage prior to 12 pm following your sleepover.
Back to the Top