Animal Care Center Internship
Animal Care Center interns assist the Animal Care Center's aquarist and herpetology staff with daily care of invertebrates, fish, and reptiles. This position is off-site from the main Aquarium building.
- Assist with tank maintenance and cleaning
- Prepare daily diets and perform daily feedings
- Assist in the maintenance of work areas
- Assist in the maintenance of live food cultures
- Assist with quarantine protocols and procedures
- Mist, clean, and otherwise help tend to the reptiles
- Change exhibit water and clean filters to maintain stringent water quality standards
- Conduct precise record keeping
- Perform special projects, to be determined by staff
- Observe medical procedures on collection animals.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in biology, zoology, ecology, environmental science, or a related field
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of animals
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb up a 6-foot ladder, and be able to maneuver into tight areas.
Back to the Top