Animal Programs Internship
Animal Programs interns assist the Animal Programs staff with the daily care and behavior management of the Aquarium's education animals. Some knowledge of animal training and environmental enrichment is recommended. Juniors or seniors are preferred.
- Assist with maintenance and cleaning of enclosures and backup areas
- Prepare daily diets and perform feedings
- Conduct precise record keeping
- Perform special projects dealing with animal behavior modification and environmental enrichment, to be determined by staff.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in animal behavior, psychology, biology, ecology, zoology, environmental science, or a related field. College juniors or seniors with some knowledge of animal training and enrichment are preferred
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb up a 6-foot ladder, and walk or crawl across a 15-foot-long by 12-inch-wide platform.
Back to the Top