Horticulture interns assist the Aquarium horticulture staff with daily activities.
- Assist with care of plants in the Aquarium’s exhibits
- Conduct plant maintenance, fertilization, propagation, and transplantation
- Assist in display development
- Perform special projects to be determined by the horticulture staff
- The applicant must have a desire to increase their knowledge about plants and horticulture.
- The applicant will be required to work hands on in a hot, humid greenhouse environment.
- The applicant must not have issues related to getting dirty or wet while working with the plants.
- The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in Horticulture, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Must receive college credit while completing a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term.
Back to the Top