The Student Summer Program gives high school students the unique opportunity to volunteer at the National Aquarium, Baltimore, and spend a summer sharing the Aquarium's mission and magic.
Participants increase their knowledge of marine environments, put smiles on children's faces, and meet people from all over the world.
- have successfully completed ninth grade and at least one high school biology course
- are environmentally aware
- are interested in marine biology
- enjoy smiling and talking to people.
Volunteering at the Aquarium provides a unique learning experience, full of benefits. As a guide in the galleries, you will enjoy:
- a realistic look at marine biology as a career
- an opportunity to fulfill your school's community service requirements
- new friends with shared interests
- training classes about marine life
- social activities
- free parking during volunteer hours
- staff discounts and privileges
- the possibility of a part-time paid position
- a summer of fun and learning.
The application deadline for the summer of 2013 was December 20, 2012. We are no longer accepting applications.
How to Apply
Application packets for the 2014 Student Summer Program will be available in Fall 2013. For further information about the program, please call the volunteer office at 410-576-3886.
Back to the Top