This all-access experience is your chance to take a peek behind-the-scenes and see just what it takes to care for more than 20,000 animals and their exhibits. From life-support systems and water quality to amazing animal care and research, you’ll explore the building in a brand new way and understand what it truly takes to run an aquarium!
Discover what it takes to design and build a realistic habitat for the Aquarium’s newest residents and an immersive, interactive experience for our guests.
45 minutes (every day at 1:30 p.m.)
Price (Aquarium Admission must be purchased separately to experience this tour):
How to purchase the tour:
- Step 1: Visit our Tickets page
- Step 2: Choose your date and time of entry
- Step 3: Select your ticket quantity
- Step 4: Check the box next to "Add an exclusive tour for $15."
If space is still available, tickets can be purchased onsite during your visit
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our information desk on level one, Blue Wonders: Reefs to Rainforests
- Hold on to your admission ticket—you’ll need to show it to your guide at the start of the tour
- You’ll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along
- For discounted parking, use the Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Pl. Bring your ticket and have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
You must be at least 16 years old to participate in an Immersion Tour program without an accompanying adult. Guests under the age of 18 must bring a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Back to the Top