Get up close and personal with our Atlantic bottlenose dolphins! The Dolphin Encounter brings guests side-by-side with our dolphins and marine mammal experts for an exclusive teaching and play session.
Take part in an exciting, interactive orientation where you’ll learn just how we care for and teach our dolphins. Then, join us on the pool decks where you’ll put your knowledge to the test as an honorary member of our marine mammal team! It’s playtime with the dolphins, and it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Want to bring someone along for the adventure? An observer ticket allows a friend or family member to join you behind the scenes where they can safely sit and take photos/video.
8+; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult with an Encounter or Observer ticket
Call 410-576-3833 for prices and to book your Dolphin Encounter
*To maintain the intimate nature of the program, each Encounter participant may purchase only one Observer ticket. Observers also receive behind-the-scenes access to the pool deck where they can safely sit and take photos/videos.
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Check in at our staff entrance when you arrive. It’s just around the corner from our main entrance, across from the USS Torsk submarine
- Come early or stay late—your ticket is good for a full day of Aquarium exploration, but be sure to return to check in at least 15 minutes before your tour
- You may get wet, so we recommend bringing a change of clothes
- For discounted parking, use the Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Pl. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
For Your Safety
- Wear non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Participants don’t get in the water but should have basic swimming skills, as you’ll be interacting with the dolphins next to a deep-water pool
- Jewelry, glasses, hats and other items that may fall into the exhibit must be removed before going on deck with the dolphins
- Cameras are welcome, but be mindful that they may get wet; the Aquarium is not responsible for loss or damage of personal items
In order to get close enough to touch the dolphins, you must be able to kneel and/or lie on your stomach for up to 15 minutes at a time without assistance. Due to the structure of the dolphin exhibit, portions of the program may not be accessible to pregnant women or guests with special needs. While there are no height restrictions, portions of the program may be tough for smaller guests.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
You must be at least 16 years old to participate in an Immersion Tour program without an accompanying adult. Guests under the age of 18 must bring a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Back to the Top