Experience the wonders of diving in a coral reef—right here at the National Aquarium. This once in a lifetime adventure takes you into one of the Aquarium’s most popular exhibits, Atlantic Coral Reef.
Led by professional dive staff from the Atlantic Edge Dive Center, participants learn the basics before diving into a world of exotic reef fish.
As you swim among these incredible creatures, you’ll learn the role divers play in reef conservation and how you can help protect these precious ocean habitats.
18+; Guest must be PADI Open Water Diver certified or equivalent
1 hour orientation/prep; 30-45 minute dive
Book your adventure through the Atlantic Edge Dive Center by phone at 301-519-9283 or online
What to Bring
- Mask and snorkel
- Booties and flippers
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Check in 30 minutes before your tour at our staff entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium’s main entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine
- Gear can’t be stored at the Aquarium prior to check-in
- For information on discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
- Friends or family members who want to watch your dive must purchase a ticket to the Aquarium
Back to the Top