Ever wondered how we care for so many animals? Put on your very own surgical cap and mask, and dive into this behind-the-scenes tour led by one of our staff veterinarians.
From taking the heart rate of a jumpy frog to giving a turtle an X-ray, you’ll discover some of the special techniques we use to provide medical care to the more than 20,000 animals that call the Aquarium home!
Learn about the fascinating world of veterinary medicine as you step behind staff-only doors with special access to our animal hospital. You’ll even meet one of our animal residents up close, as our vet walks you through a live animal exam.
Experience the Aquarium in a brand new way, and see how we keep every animal—from the smallest dart frog to our 500-pound green sea turtle, Calypso—happy and healthy.
**This tour is truly all access, and some attendees may be sensitive to certain aspects, such as a fish necropsy. Please advise your guide if someone in your group needs special consideration during this part of the tour.
1 hour and 15 minutes
Price (includes Aquarium admission):
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Check in is at our staff entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium’s main entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine
- Arrive early—your ticket is good for a full day of exploration, so be sure to see the rest of the Aquarium, but return to check in at least 15 minutes before your tour
- You’ll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along
- For discounted parking, park in the Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Pl. Be sure to bring your ticket and have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
You must be at least 16 years old to participate in an Immersion Tour program without an accompanying adult. Guests under the age of 18 must bring a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Back to the Top