Step behind-the-scenes in one of our reef exhibits or Dolphin Discovery with an expert guide!
Reef Behind-the-Scenes Tour:
Become an expert as you go behind the scenes in one of our reef exhibits, exploring staff-only areas and learning about the residents of a coral reef—and how you can help protect the ecosystem they rely on.
Dolphin Discovery Behind-the-Scenes Tour:
Get a closer view of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins on the back deck area of Dolphin Discovery—which is closed off to general guests—and see the staff kitchen where our experts prepare the dolphin's food each day!
*** IMPORTANT: This tour does not allow guests to touch or physically interact with the dolphins.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
45 minutes-1 hour
Price (Aquarium Admission must be purchased separately to experience this tour):
How to purchase the tour:
- Step 1: Visit our Tickets page
- Step 2: Choose your date and time of entry
- Step 3: Select your ticket quantity
- Step 4: Check the box next to "Add an exclusive tour for $15."
If space is still available, tickets can be purchased onsite during your visit
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our information desk on level one, Blue Wonders: Reefs to Rainforests
- Hold on to your admission ticket—you’ll need to show it to your guide at the start of the tour
- You’ll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along
- For information on discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Yes! You’ll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
Because of the behind-the-scenes access, all participants must be at least 8 years old. No refunds will be given for guests who do not meet the minimum age requirements to participate.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Not all of the animals you’ll see on your tour are available for guest interaction. We try to bring you as close to our animals as possible, but for both your safety and that of our animals, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to touch or handle an animal.
You’ll be traveling behind the scenes, so close-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you’ll be traveling around the Aquarium.
No. With the exception of our members, in order to attend the Daily Behind-the-Scenes tour, you must purchase Aquarium admission. You can purchase your general admission tickets and book your tour online via the ticketing page or in person at the Aquarium’s ticket window or Information Desk on the day of your visit. If you purchase tickets in advance, be sure your entry time is at least 15 min prior to the start of your tour.
Back to the Top