Please note that only members can purchase tours through this page. If you're not a member, you can purchase a Shark Tour when purchasing your general admission ticket.
Dare to walk the catwalk above Shark Alley, where sharks circle just inches below. Check out the food prep kitchen and feed fish in their exhibit habitats as you learn about these incredible predators of the deep.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
1 ½ hours
Please note that members must purchase a discounted guest ticket for any tour guest who is not covered by their membership.
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels).
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at the Information Desk on Level 1.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy for each member of your group.
- For information about discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Not all of the animals you'll see on your tour are available for guest interaction. We try to bring you as close to our animals as possible, but for both your safety and that of our animals, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to touch or handle an animal.
You'll be traveling behind the scenes, so closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you'll be traveling around the Aquarium.
Back to the Top