Learn about misunderstood Aquarium residents that slither, hiss and crawl as you travel behind the scenes on our only tour to visit staff-only areas in Australia: Wild Extremes. You will have several opportunities to get up close and personal with a reptile and experience a hands-on animal encounter.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
Please note that members must purchase a discounted guest ticket for any tour guest who is not covered by their membership.
How to Purchase
Wild Extremes Tour starts at 9 am. To purchase this tour, guests buying general admission tickets online must select the first time slot of the day to see the Wild Extremes Tour display as an add-on during checkout. If you have any questions, please call us at 410-576-3833.
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels).
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our Staff Entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium's Main Entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy for each member of your group.
- For information about discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Not all of the animals you'll see on your tour are available for guest interaction. We try to bring you as close to our animals as possible, but for both your safety and that of our animals, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to touch or handle an animal.
You'll be traveling behind the scenes, so closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you'll be traveling around the Aquarium.
No. However, this tour is an add-on to a general admission ticket, which grants you admission into the building.
Back to the Top