As a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, we value supporting other nonprofits in achieving their missions. Together, we strengthen our roles as community resources in Maryland and ensure everyone has opportunities to appreciate and protect the habitats in their own backyards.
The Aquarium receives ticket donation requests from hundreds of organizations for fundraising events and charitable causes. Thanks to the generosity of friends, corporate partners and foundations, we are able to help our fellow nonprofit community by granting a limited number of requests each year.
Please note: All ticket donation requests must be made via our online form at least two months in advance of your event for consideration.
Donation Criteria and Guidelines
- The Aquarium will consider ticket donation requests from other 501(c)(3) organization serving Maryland communities. Preference is given to those that have conservation-focused missions or activities, promote successful outcomes for youth or families and help build strong communities.
- We cannot grant requests involving animal interactions, memberships or behind-the-scenes tours.
- All donation requests must be received a minimum of two months prior to the date of the event. If your organization misses this deadline, feel free to submit your request for the next year.
- While you are free to submit multiple requests for different events, the Aquarium will only fulfill one request per year per organization.
Thanks to the generous support from our corporate community, the Aquarium is able to provide complimentary Community Connections tickets to qualifying nonprofits organizations, allowing their members to experience the Aquarium as guests of our corporate family.
- The Aquarium will consider Maryland-based nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status. We require inclusion of tax-exempt documentation upon submission of the application for verification purposes.
- Qualifying nonprofits must agree to assign a day-to-day administrator of ticket distribution or group booking.
- Qualifying nonprofits must agree to complete an annual evaluation to review program effectiveness and use.
- Requests are accepted on a rolling basis. Please allow four to six weeks for review and response.
- Requests can be made for individual tickets to distribute to your organization’s constituents, as you deem appropriate, or for group visits.
- Once accepted, your application does not need to be resubmitted, but additional ticket requests will be reviewed against new applications.
While all applications are thoughtfully reviewed and considered, organizations that are civic/social clubs are generally not accepted. Thanks to Maryland State Department of Education grant funding, the National Aquarium is able to serve more than 100,000 schoolchildren annually. We offer free visits for all Maryland school groups, in addition to a variety of other free or discounted school programs; therefore, requests for donations to schools are generally declined. To book your free school trip, visit here.
The National Aquarium is committed to ensuring access for our community. Though nonprofits are welcome to join at any level, we have added a special membership level to engage as many qualifying organizations as possible. Make an impact by giving your colleagues and clients access to exclusive benefits and unforgettable experiences.
Back to the Top