The Student Summer Program gives high school students the unique opportunity to volunteer at the National Aquarium and spend a summer sharing the Aquarium's mission and magic.
Participants interact with visitors, increase their knowledge of marine environments, put smiles on children's faces, and meet people from all over the world.
- have successfully completed ninth grade and at least one high school biology course
- are environmentally aware
- are interested in marine biology
- enjoy smiling and talking to people.
Volunteering at the Aquarium provides a unique learning experience, full of benefits. As a guide in the galleries, you will enjoy:
- a realistic look at marine biology as a career
- an opportunity to fulfill your school's community service requirements
- new friends with shared interests
- training classes about marine life
- social activities
- free parking during volunteer hours
- staff discounts and privileges
- a summer of fun and learning.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 Student Summer Program. Please visit our website in October 2018 for details regarding our 2019 Student Summer Program.